Revillos - Rev Up - Used LP
sleeve and vinyl: VG (wear to both sleeve and vinyl, vinyl sounds great, sleeve has ringwear, small tag-removal tear and many creases). English Import.
Great stuff: Tons of fun! Picking up where the Rezillos left off. Revillos' albums didn't make it to the states, but they should have. Great stuff: Tons of fun!
Emerging more than a year after Fay Fife and Eugene Reynolds broke a nation's heart by dismantling the Rezillos, the Revillos' Rev Up debut set the stage, immediately, for a mission that was going to take the last band's sound into an entirely new universe -- one that had, sad to say, already been visited by the B-52's' and the Cramps' recent doings, but which was nevertheless ripe for serious exploration. A dramatic hybrid of day-glo rockabilly, B-movie glitter, and post-punk trash, Rev Up is a howling good time, a blur of wacked intentions and wired energies that settle for a moment on one, two, a dozen classic boogies, but never hang around for long, because there's always another planet to build a drive-in on. And so, "Secret of the Shadow" blurs into the title track; "The Rock-A-Boom" leaks into "Voodoo"; and the semi-classic single "Motorbike Beat" incinerates everything in sight.
- Backing Vocals [Loco-go Go] – The Revettes
- Bass – William Mysterious
- Drums [Beat Kit] – Rocky Rhythm
- Engineer – Mike Engels* (tracks: 6), Steve Nye (tracks: 1, 7, 9, 12), Toni Tone
- Guitar [Electro-plectrotune] – Kid Krupa
- Lacquer Cut By – Porky (5)
- Producer – Chris Lycett (tracks: 6), Eugene Reynolds (tracks: 2 to 5, 8, 10, 11, 13), Mike Howlett (tracks: 1, 7, 9, 12), The Revillos (tracks: 1, 7, 9, 12), Tony Pilley (tracks: 2 to 5, 8, 10, 11, 13)
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Blended] – Eugene Reynolds, Tony Pilley
- Vocals [Voice Squad] – Eugene Reynolds, Fay Fife
Kid Krupa, Electro-plectrotune, swings and zings with his twangy electric guitar.
Fay Fife, Voice Squad, when she says go! She means Go-Go-Go!
Rocky Rhythm, Beat Kit, dashing and debonair, he's the Thunder Thud King!
Eugene Reynolds, Voice Squad, is quite a case! The rest of the group have to watch out for him!'
These labels are also mentioned: Strato Play, Barclay Towers.